A Stretch For The Hips
This will stretch the Illiopsoas muscle which joins your hip to your spine. It can assist in reducing lower back pain.
- Stand with one foot in front of the other and drop the rear knee to the ground.
- Make sure your front leg is at 90 degrees.
- Keeping your back straight move your hips forward.
- Tighten your stomach muscles to stop your back arching.
- Hold for 15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Notes on this exercise
If this stretch causes pain, stop immediately.